The Oak, Hendre

A 300 year old locals pub on the busy A 541 just outside Mold in north Wales.  Serving local real ale and was CAMRA Vale of Clwyd North East Wales Pub of the Year for 2012.

Quiz evenings always popular with over £50,000 raised in the last 15 years for local fundraisers.  Folk nights and singing at the weekends.

Part of the Flintshire trail for real ale held annually with regular free buses visiting ten different venues.

Lambert's Hotel, Holywell

Lambert’s Hotel was located on Well Hill, Holywell.  At one time carriages were available for hire for passengers to be taken to Winifride’s well.

By 1910 the Lambert belonged to the CTC (Cyclist Tourist Club) Winged Wheel society and had a cast iron plaque on the side of the building to show to cyclists they were members. 

Stag's Head Inn, Hawarden

The former inn was closed in 1847 and has since been rebuilt and is now known as Sturat House.

Crown Inn, Flint

The Crown Inn in 1910 were supplied by the Chester Northgate Brewery Co. Ltd

Feathers Inn, Mold

The Feathers Inn was located on Upper High Street and closed around 1920.

Castle Inn, Hawarden

The Castle Inn was located at the junction of the Highway and Gladstone Way.  It was closed in 1925 and later demolished along with the rest of the terrace and replaced with Mossley Court in the late 1960s

Halfway House, Cei Conna

Dymchwelwyd yr Halfway House gwreiddiol yn y 1950au.  Bryd hynny safai ar ochr dde maes parcio’r dafarn bresennol. Codwyd adeilad newydd ynghanol caeau ym 1939 a Fferm Price oedd y tŷ agosaf.

Mae Clwb Pêl-droed Crwydriaid Cei Conna yn chwarae yn y cae sydd i’r cefn.

Red Lion, Rhosesmor

Centuries old public house located at a junction of roads.

In 1903 the Red Lion was described as having one stable and three stalls.

At the end of 2004 the pub was closed but thankfully reopened within eighteen months and remains Rhosesmor’s only pub

The Quay House Inn, Connah's Quay

A Grade II listed building located on the west side of town and closely associated with Connah’s Quay's beginnings as a port late in the 18th century.  The licensee at the end of the 19th century was one Frederick Coleclough

Victoria Hotel, Holywell

The Victoria Hotel dates back to the early 19th century and formerly known as the King’s Arms.  Name change occurred sometime after Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee in 1897

Closed for a while at the beginning of the new Millenium but now this Grade II listed building hosts live music on the weekends. 


Subscribe to RSS - Flintshire

Privacy & Terms | House Rules
E&OE. All content on this site, unless otherwise stated, is Copyright © PubsCymru
website by euan raffel