The Two Brewers, Brackla

A Brains community public house located on the Brackla estate on the outskirts of Bridgend comprising a large bar and restaurant area. 

Pool table located in bar area which also has Sky sports.  Bridge and other pub games played on establishment.


Llynfi Arms, Tondu

The former coaching inn, the Llynfi Arms was built around the 1790s and is located close to the railway station in Tondu on the Maesteg road.  It was extended during the 1800s and comprises the restaurant we see today.
Stables of yesteryear are still to be seen to the rear of building. 
Its close proximity to the railway station enables football / rugby supporters to have a final drink before leaving the town.

Ship Inn, Bridgend

The Ship Inn was built in 1793 and was located opposite the current Barclays Bank in Dunraven Place and was a prominent posting and coaching inn.  It was demolished in 1981 to make way for the town shopping development

Lamb and Flag Inn near Cwmfelin

The Lamb and Flag was opened in 1845 and the licensee by 1908 was Mrs Catherine Rees.  Following a tribunal the inn was closed in the 1920s and is now a private house.

It was located some half a mile up the hill between Cwmfelin and Llangynwyd.  At one time the inn was used for the change and refreshment of bearers in funerals who were on their way to the churchyards.  

Talbot Arms, Maesteg

The Talbot Arms was located at the junction of Treharne Row and Upper Castle Street.  It was built during the 1830s and was one of the earliest public houses in Maesteg. 

At one time the Cwmdu Board of Health held some of their meetings within the public house.  The Talbot closed its doors in 1911 and was demolished.

Monkey Inn, Caerau

The Monkey Inn was formerly known as the Blaencaerau Hotel.  Closed at the end of the 1980s and was completely destroyed by arson in September in 1990.  No trace of the inn remains.

The Malsters Arms, Maesteg

Malsters Arms, MaestegA former coach house dating back to the early 19th century. Located on the outskirts of Maesteg and was granted its first license back in 1895 to a certain William Rees. 

The Malsters remains one of the last pubs in the Llynfi valley with its portico still intact.  During the early 1980s it was closed for business but thankfully reopened in 1984 to serve the local community.

The tyler's Arms, Llangynwyd

Located in the village of Llangynwyd in the Llynfi valley.

A real ale pub with two beer gardens.

The Garn Inn, Maesteg

A real ale public house located close to the town centre and to the Railway Station. 

The Garn has two bars and a beer garden to the rear of the building.  Has small patio area.

Also has a skitlle alley.

The Old House, Llangynwyd

A thatched 17th century mountain top inn located at the heart of the village of Llangynwyd in the Llynfi valley.  One of the oldest inns in south Wales and interior comprises of an inglenook fireplace, stone winding stairs and blackened beams.  A fine selection of jugs can be seen hanging from the ceiling and beams.

The original Old House was much smaller than the one we see today.  It was extended during the 18th and 19th centuries and now has an award winning restaurant. 


Subscribe to RSS - Bridgend

Privacy & Terms | House Rules
E&OE. All content on this site, unless otherwise stated, is Copyright © PubsCymru
website by euan raffel