Old Cross Saws Inn, Pembroke

The Old Cross Saws Inn stands on St. Michael’s Square in Pembroke.  It’s possibly named after an old preaching cross which stood in the area during medieval times.  Others seem to think the pub was originally called the Crossed Swords which was the symbol of the Cutlers’ Guild and then became known as Cross Saws over time.  Catharine Millard was the first known licensee.

The Harwood family ran the popular pub from 1912 until 1932 and by the 1950s the Old Saws had been renovated and when it came for sale in 1953 an advertisement noted it contained three licensed rooms.

It was again refurbished and enlarged during the 1980s.

Contact details: 

Old Cross Saws Inn, 109 Main Street, Pembroke  SA71 4DB

Locale - Wales: 

Privacy & Terms | House Rules
E&OE. All content on this site, unless otherwise stated, is Copyright © PubsCymru
website by euan raffel