Gone but not forgotten

The Wynnstay Arms, Ruthin

Located in the historical market town of Ruthin
The Wynnstsy Arms dates back to 1549 and previously known as the Cross Foxes Inn.  It originally belonged to the Williams-Wynn family of Wynnstay, Ruthin.  An old coaching inn and at one time used as a secret meeting place for the Jacobites. 
George Borrow in his ‘Wild Wales’ treated his guide John Jones to his first duck meal having walked to the Wynnstay all the way from Llangollen.  The industrialist and former Mayor W.G. Lecomber hosted many of his lunches at the establishment. 


Privacy & Terms | House Rules
E&OE. All content on this site, unless otherwise stated, is Copyright © PubsCymru
website by euan raffel