Oxford Arms, Presteigne

The Oxford Arms was named after Robert Harley (1661 – 1724), the Earl of Oxford and Mortimer and opened in 1825.  One of the first known landlords was John Roberts who was there in 1830.

At one time it was frequented by footballers who changed and showered before and after matches. 

It closed in the 1960s and became a private house called the Oxford.

Locale - Wales: 
Content category: 

Privacy & Terms | House Rules
E&OE. All content on this site, unless otherwise stated, is Copyright © PubsCymru
website by euan raffel