Bush Tavern, Pembroke Dock

The Bush Tavern dates back to the 1850s with one Charles Gardner being landlord.  It was one of the town’s largest pubs and at one time the local Army Reserve Pensioners were paid on the premises. 

The landlady in 1882 was Laura Russell, she only lasted a few months before being fined for serving out of hours.

The Bush Tavern was closed during the early 1990s but reopened in 1995 by the new landlord Mr Brookes who’d greatly refurbished the public house.

Three Tuns, Pembroke Dock

The Three Tuns is located near the railway station in Pembroke Dock with Ann Scurlock being the landlady between 1868 and 1875.

Present owners have been there since the 1970s and have modernised the Tuns over the years.  Closed in the afternoons bar the weekends.

The Tuns was damaged by German bombs in May 1941 but was rebuilt and reopened a few years later.

Present owners have been there since the 1970s and have modernised the Tuns over the years.  Closed in the afternoons bar the weekends.


Charlton, Pembroke Dock

Mae'r adeilad brics coch sy'n sefyll ar gornel y stryd yn dyddio i ganol y 19eg ganrif ac yn un o nifer o adeiladau Fictoraidd Doc Penfro.  Yn unol a sawl tafarn arall yn y dref mae iddi far hir a fu unwaith yn llawn gwydrau peint gweithwyr y dociau.

Mae enw'r lle yn deillio o deulu'r Meyrick a fu'n gyfrifol am dwf Doc Penfro, a Charlton, sef cyfenw gwreiddiol Thomas Meyrick.

Lydstep Tavern, Lydstep

The inn lies on the A4139 between Tenby and Pembroke and opened in July 1974 on the site of an old inn called Quarry Hotel which had served thirsty quarrymen and sailors.  Limestone was quarried from nearby Lydstep Haven and exported to west country ports.
Being the only public house in the village the Quarry became a popular watering hole which also attracted a steady influx of tourists to the area.  A former labourer called Twigg held the license from 1851 until his death in 1878. 

Dial Inn, Lamphey

The village of Lamphey in Pembrokeshire was without a public house for nearly a century with the closure of the Railway Inn in 1869.  This all changed with the opening of the Dial Inn in 1967 which was converted from a private house by Mr Wally Howells.  As a private house it was known as Dial House due to its sundial. 
Much refurbished over the years with the addition of a games room and dining room. 

The Flying Boat, Pembroke Dock

The Flying Boat, Pembroke DockThe Flying Boat dates back to the 19th century and formerly known as the Commercial Inn.  Originally it was a cobblers shop which was then converted into a public house and was extended greatly by Walter Griffiths of Laugharne. 

Swan Inn, Pembroke Dock

The Swan Inn dates back to 1865 and is one of the oldest pubs in town.  Between 1906 and 1914 it had a reputation of being open early in the morning – serving customers as early as 5.30am!

It was also the meeting place of the local R.A.O.B. club.

From 1922 to 1961 Harry Perry was the licensee and strangely enough he was teetotal.

Rose and Crown, Pembroke Dock

The Rose and Crown was opened in the early 1840s and for a while the Loyal Prince Albert Lodge of Odd Fellows held its first meeting there and soon had its own lodge room on the premises.  William Llewellyn was the licensee during this period. 

Ernest Peach was the landlord in the 1950s and 1960s and was followed by Len and Irene Thomas.  During their tenureship many of Pembroke Dock’s pubs closed but thankfully the Rose and Crown is still serving the local community.

The First and Last, Pembroke Dock

The First and Last in Pembroke Dock stands on the old turnpike road and is the last public house before leaving town.  Formerly known as the Commercial House owing to the increased number of commercial travellers beginning to arrive in town during the 19th century.  It was the last of the Commercial pubs to be renamed and became known as the First and Last in 1991.

Serving real ale and also has guest ales.

Entertainment include live music and quizzes.

Beer garden.

Swan Inn, Little Haven

A regular haunt of the Royal Photographer Norman Parkinson who took photos of the locals whilst staying in the village during the 1950s



Subscribe to RSS - Pembrokeshire

Privacy & Terms | House Rules
E&OE. All content on this site, unless otherwise stated, is Copyright © PubsCymru
website by euan raffel